Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Ultimate Move

I can't stop thinking about one of the biggest things that is now on my bucket list. I've always wanted to do it but when I first started thinking about my bucket list I didn't think it would be something that I would add. Honestly it didn't even come to mind.

I am thinking about moving to Colombia for some time, probably a year, I am seriously thinking about it....

When I was younger I always told my parents that I wanted to move to Colombia, when I was an undergraduate I said that I would do it once I graduated. And now here I am, almost three years out of AU and I haven't moved. To be honest I had forgotten. I had forgotten how much I loved being there, I had forgotten how much I enjoy being around my family, and I had forgotten about how much I had wanted to make the move.

I was just in Colombia and in talking to my cousin I randomly brought up the idea again. I said, "Yo siempre habia dicho que me gustaria vivir en Colombia por un año" (I had always said that I wanted to live in Colombia for a year). Then she told me something that left an impression on me, something that has caused me to dwell on this idea nonstop. She told me, you send me your resume and I will find you a job. Simple enough, just like that. Since then I haven't be able to stop thinking about it. I haven't been able to stop imagining what my life would be like if I did. What it would be like to live where my family lives, to be present for every holiday, every birthday, every long weekend, every day. I can't stop thinking about it.

It's something that I have to continue to give a lot of thought but I figure, why not? I am at a stage in my life that if I wanted to pick up and move, I could. I don't have a spouse or children to think about, aqui no tengo ningun compromiso, nothing to tie me down.

Could I? Could I get up and move to Colombia to work for a while and be around my family?
Who does that?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment