Monday, April 4, 2011

First Tattoo - January 8, 2008 - ENERGIA

While I was studying abroad a number of my friends decided to get a tattoo. I thought about it briefly but I was still unsure. I was unsure about what I would tattoo on my body and if it was something that I wanted to do in Santiago, Chile.

One of my friends had tattooed the word energia on her foot. I told Laisa about this and in talking to her she helped me realize that was the word for me.

Of course, how had I not realized? Energia: this was the best word to describe me.

I waited until I was back in the states and I went with my mom, Lilliana, Jonathan, and Esteban to get my tattoo. It was important for me to be there with my family. I thought about the font for hours until I found the one that I liked the most. Location? That was easy. I didn't want it to be anywhere that would be visible in a dress or that would stretch upon pregnancy, haha.

People ask me, why energia? I tell them I have a lot of energy. Okay, so? A lot of people have energy, doesn't mean they tattoo the word on their body.

But for me the word has a much deeper meaning. My Hermanas know this, my line sisters especially know this. Anyone who knows me knows how much energia I have. I love life, I love being, doing, going, etc. I always have energia, no matter what time it is, no matter what the situation is. That's just me. Now don't get me wrong, I do get tired and my body does need its rest, but that doesn't stop me.

The word means so much to me and every time I look at my tattoo I am reminded of my energia and of some very special memories. That's all that matters, the tattoo isn't for anyone else, it's for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment