Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Who Am I???

Born and raised in Lowell, Massachusetts but in my heart and soul I am Colombian.

My parents came to the United States to provide me with this amazing life, they sacrificed everything and left behind their entire family. My mother is 1 of 17 and my father is 1 of 10. That's a big family to leave behind and I admire my parents for having been able to do so. To this day every time I leave Colombia I cry until I can't cry anymore and I have never stayed there for more than 1 month at a time.

My parents worked multiple jobs to give me a great private education and on top of that I chose one of the most expensive sports to practice, roller skating. I roller skated for 8 years and I had the time of my life doing it. I learned so much from it and from the people that surrounded me during that time. I still miss those days.

Only child and I moved away from home when I was 18 years old to attend American University in Washington, DC. Since then I have grown to call the DMV my home.

Words that describe me: energetic, passionate, optimistic...

And most importantly, I am a HUGE Boston Celtics fan!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you roller skated! I never knew that about you! It's funny, I was reading this and it reminded me of myself. I was such a band geek back then. I did like 8 or 9 years too. I miss those days as well and I forget just how much I missed it because of all the new things I have commited to currently, kind of seemss like another life. Maybe we should have a herm roller skating day and you could teach us a thing or too! lol

    ReplyDelete