Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Fall in Love.....More than Once

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
- Alfred Lord Tennyson

I agree.

No matter how painful the loss may be, being in love, loving someone, being loved by someone, it all teaches you so much. At the end of the day, the pain is worth it. The pain is worth having known love, the pain is worth all of those wonderful memories.

If I have to experience the pain of losing love in order to fully understand and experience love then so be it.

At one point I thought I can't keep doing this. I can't keep falling and giving so much of myself for fear that I wouldn't have anything else left to give. But a close friend told me that once I met someone worthy I would find it in me. I would be able to love unconditionally. And she is right. There is nothing wrong with falling in love more than once. In fact, I think it's better.

Through every relationship that I have been in I have learned something. I have learned something about men, something about relationships, and always, something more about myself. I've grown with every relationship and I appreciate all of them.
I've been in love and I have fallen out of love. I've been in lust and fallen out of lust. Through it all I have come out a stronger woman and I can only be patient for the next moment that I will fall, fall uncontrollably in love.

And I will embrace that moment, taking with me every lesson I have learned, I will appreciate it. I will reciprocate the love given to me.

If not then what else is there to do? What else is there to do but love yourself and love someone else?

No comments:

Post a Comment