Thursday, January 2, 2014

Vamonos Pa San Andres

I recently decided on a new place that I want to visit this year and cross off of my bucket list. I was thinking about posting it and then I realized that I had never made a list of all of the places that I want to visit and things that I want to do. I haven't actually written down my bucket list. But this is mainly because a bucket list should always be updated. You can't write your bucket list and years later look back it to see what you've done or what you can do. As soon as something gets crossed off, put something new on. The idea is to constantly think of new adventures. And while I'm on the topic of bucket list, not everything on your list as to be an extravagant or expensive adventure. Think about something you haven't done and would like to do and put that on the list. Anything, small or big.

I will work on getting my list together (in a future post).

Even though I was just in Colombia for a really long time there are still plenty of places there that I want to visit. So in August, God willing, I am planning to go to San Andres. My family has a reunion in mid-August and I was thinking that it would be perfect to combine both trips. Go to San Andres for a couple of days and then to Medellin for my reunion. It wouldn't be a long trip and I would only be in Medellin for a couple of days. But I realized that if I want to see the rest of this world I have to sacrifice my time in Medellin. I used to think that there was no way I could go to a city in Colombia and not stop in Medellin. I actually used to think that I couldn't go to South American without making a pit stop in Medellin. Even when I went abroad, I stopped first in Medellin and then on my way back also stopped in Medellin (those were a great 6 months). But anyway, I know now that I can't always do that. This year I plan to do it simply because of the reunion. I used to think that I couldn't go to Medellin for less than two weeks. But I really want to go to San Andres and if that means cutting my time in Medellin short, then I am okay with it. The important thing to me is that I be there for the family reunion.

San Andres is an island off the coast of Colombia and I've heard it is beautiful, with crystal clear waters. It holds the third biggest reef in the world. And while there, maybe I can also cross scuba diving and parasailing off of my list! Regardless of what I do, I know it will be a great time.

On New Years Eve I walked outside with a duffle bag and I had my bathing suit in it. Clearly I'm superstitious, haha. But I am just determined to go to San Andres. I went to Cartagena when I was 15 and I've had San Andres on my list for way to long. It's time I go. Who am I going with? That is still to be determined. I will go with one person or with a bus full of people. Quien se apunta?

No comments:

Post a Comment